Thursday, August 27, 2009

Dreams, Do they really have true meaning?

I have often pondered if my dreams are trying to tell me something that I often times may not be willing to accept. They are like my inner voice that comes out when my conscious finally rests from a tiresome day. It has been a few months since the last time that I analyzed my dreams but decided today that I would look up my dream from last night. I often frequent http://www.dreammoods.com/ to give me the information that I am looking for. They provide a nice variety of possible interpretations with an easy to use search utility. As for my dream last night I am only able to remember bits and pieces but have three main things that I do remember from my dream: Attending a baby shower, Falling in Love, and dreaming of work. Here is what www.dreammoods.com says about those three topics.

Baby Shower To dream of a baby shower, suggests that you are welcoming a new start. You are given a chance to start over again and do things differently this time around. You have a new found faith in life itself.

To dream of love of being in love, suggests intense feelings carried over from a waking relationship. It implies happiness and contentment with what you have and where you are in life. On the other hand, you may not be getting enough love in your daily life. We naturally long for the sense to belong and to be accepted.

To dream that you are at work, indicates that you are experiencing some anxiety about a current project or task. The dream may also be telling you that you need to "get back to work".� Perhaps you have been slacking and need to pick up the pace.

So with those items spelled out here is my own interpretation. I have been on the look out to have a new start in life to accept changes, people, experiences and such. I may not have the new found faith in life itself but am willing to take on new challenges and adventures. On the love side of things I can agree with the second portion to that statement. "On the other hand, you may not be getting enough love in your daily life. We naturally long for the sense to belong and to be accepted." This could reference back to my post about being single and the struggles that come along with it. I know I am missing the love of a companion currently but am not willing to push it to happen just to feel comfortable. When it is right I will know. Until then, I think this dream may frequent my mind often. And lastly, Work. The little four letter word that always eats away at me. So last night I stayed up till 11:30 finishing a project that needed to be completed by the end of the month. I had another project that I wanted to start but decided to call it quits for the day. That feeling of guilt for not starting the project sooner definitely must have carried over into my dreams.

If you remember your dreams I definitely recommend writing them down in the morning when you wake up and then when you have time to visit http://www.dreammoods.com/ for your own personal analysis of your dreams. Even if you believe that your dreams may have no meaning, take the time to investigate what they could be saying. You may be surprised to find out that your dreams really do relate to your waking life. As for me, I think I will start a "Dream Journal" just for kicks. Who knows what my dreams will tell me in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment